To invest long-term in organizations that support the holistic development of Bridgeport’s children. We strengthen our non-profit investees’ capacity to improve learning environments and foster the social and emotional skills in children that contribute to well-being and academic success. Our approach includes multi-year general operating support, targeted capacity building support, collaborative partnerships, and knowledge building and sharing.
Our Theory of Change
We seek the following outcomes from our investments:
Investee Organizations and Initiatives:
- Strengthen organizational outcomes in the areas of Strategic Leadership and Planning; Outcomes-Focused Management; Performance Management; and Program Quality, Fidelity, and Effectiveness.
Early Childhood to Middle School Students in Bridgeport:
- Are equipped with and utilize developmentally-appropriate social and emotional skills, making it easier for them to attend school, learn, and better handle relationships and circumstances.
Family Members in Bridgeport:
- Successfully use social and emotional skills for themselves, with their children, and with school partners.
- Adopt a learning mindset and habits that continuously support each family members’ social and emotional growth.
Educators in Bridgeport:
- Successfully use social and emotional skills for themselves, with peers, with their students, and with families.
- Can confirm their students are attending school regularly, demonstrating pro-social behaviors, and are improving academically.
District, School, and Nonprofit Leaders in Bridgeport:
- Model social and emotional skills, advance policies, practices, and resources that strengthen their organizations, and integrate SEL into core curriculum, classrooms, and family engagement.
- Can confirm SEL is contributing to improvements in school climate, attendance, reduced disciplinary issues, and increased academic performance.